Saturday, July 15, 2023

True American Pride - Real Things to Celebrate About This Nation: Some Final Thoughts

 As my month of celebrating things that I truly treasure and value about this great nation of ours - and the people who are its citizens - these final thoughts seemed worth sharing...

# 30: JUNE 30: SOME FINAL THOUGHTS


"God bless America, land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with the light from above
From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home." (Irving Berlin)

Our front porch - July 4 2023

My final entry for this month of Genuine American Pride. It has been a quiet joy for each of the last 30 days to see how I could remember, celebrate, and honor what is unique, right, and honorable about this great country of ours and the people who respect it and are grateful.for it.

Yours truly

My beautiful fellow patriot and wife

I've appreciated the chance to share this, even if only a handful ever saw it. America: as a country, a unified culture, as an idea and as an inspiration...is worth celebrating, defending, and being grateful for.


May those of us who have been blessed to enjoy all that's good about this country be brave enough, and wise enough, to make sure our children and grandchildren know and enjoy the same. (That's our granddaughter Addy celebrating Memorial Day last year) Indeed, as Mr. Berlin wrote, "God bless America". Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment