Wednesday, July 5, 2023

True American Pride - Real Things to Celebrate About This Nation (#6)

 These two entries were especially fun to write!

#10: TRUE AMERICANA - SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS

“Sssshh...be vewwy, vewwy quiet. I'm hunting rabbit. Ha...ha..ha." ~ Elmer Fudd


Saturday Day 10 of my Things in America to Truly Be Proud Of celebration. Today I celebrate Saturday morning cartoons! I have great memories of us kids watching Saturday morning cartoons, especially the "Looney Tunes" bunch: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Elmer Fudd, and especially the RoadRunner and Wile E. Coyote! Truly classic characters! Funny, even still today!!.

Foghorn Leghorn and Egghead Jr.

My two favorites, Wil E. Coyote and the Roadrunner


How many of these Looney Tune catch phrases do you remember (and can you name who said them?)
"You're despicable!"..."What a maroon!"..."That's, I say, that's a joke, son!"..."That makes me very ANGRY!"... "Meep, meep." "Great horny toads!"
Ah...I could go on all day. Great memories. True Americana. Too bad Saturday morning TV isn't this rich any more. Cheers!

"That's all, folks!"

#11: TRUE AMERICANA - THE PAINTINGS OF NORMAN ROCKWELL

“The secret to so many artists living so long is that every painting is a new adventure. So, you see, they're always looking ahead to something new and exciting. The secret is not to look back.” (Norman Rockwell)
Busy day today, but still find time to continue by remembering things to Truly Be Proud of in America. For Day 11, I'm celebrating the classic American painter Norman Rockwell. I've always been drawn to his paintings (perhaps it's because I have an "old soul" in me. Some say I belonged back in the 1940's!).

"Triple Self-Portrait", 1960

Some may criticize his paintings for being idealistic or too simple. I've always thought they expressed things - not in words - about the true American culture and what was good, noble, and honorable about it. Here are 3 of my favorites: "Freedom of Speech"; "Girl With A Shiner", and "The Runaway. Enjoy. God bless what's good and true in this country.

"Freedom of Speech", 1943


"The Young Lady with the Shiner", 1953



"The Runaway", 1958










No comments:

Post a Comment